Try our App
Get 20% off your first order
Sign InOr create an account
Create an account
Oh collagen, how could we live without you? Well, we can’t really… It’s the most plentiful protein in our body. You can find it in skin, bones and in every muscle and tendon, creating the structure of the human body.
Unfortunately, as we age, collagen production starts to wind down. This process usually starts around the age of 25 and is why our skin slowly begins to lose elasticity and strength, and our hair and nails can start to weaken.
Multiple vitamins and minerals come together to keep your hair looking and feeling thick, shiny and healthy – for that hair you can’t help but flick. Choose a multivitamin for hair like Holland & Barrett Vitamins for the Hair, or if you know you’re lacking in a certain vitamin, choose a more specific supplement, e.g. a Zinc Hair Supplement.
- Zinc: an essential vitamin your body needs to perform many functions, zinc is important for maintaining healthy hair, skin and nails
- Biotin: also known as vitamin B7, biotin helps the body to metabolise carbohydrates, fats and amino acids, as well as supporting hair health
- Copper: grey and white hair, it happens to us all eventually, but it doesn’t mean we have to like it! Copper can help to maintain your hair pigment
We all love our moisturising body butters, creams, exfoliators, cleansers, toners, the list goes on…. But a little love on the inside can make your skin even healthier than using external products alone.
Niacin: also known as vitamin B3, niacin is a water-soluble vitamin that aids normal skin and normal function of mucous membranes.
Riboflavin: aka vitamin B2, riboflavin is involved in mucus secretion.
Vitamin C: this vitamin is essential for the production of collagen, which can be found in our hair, skin, nails, bones, joints and many other parts of the body.
Brittle nails prone to breaking? No thank you. Give your nails a healthy boost of nutrients with Holland & Barrett Super Nails Formula. Read about some nail-friendly ingredients below:
- Zinc: a very important mineral for healthy nail maintenance, zinc helps to maintain the normal structure and harnesses of nails
- Selenium: a trace mineral naturally found in foods and soil, selenium helps to keep your nails healthy
When you’re healthy on the inside it shines out of you on the outside, quite literally when it comes to your hair, skin and nails. All three are good visible indicators of your overall health, and good motivation to get healthy – because who doesn’t want longer thicker hair, strong nails and glowing skin?
Here at Holland & Barrett we have cultivated a broad range of hair, skin and nail supplements and treatments to get you on your way looking and feeling healthier.
Hair health is quite sensitive and, unfortunately, naturally starts to decline as we age. This can be due to a number of factors including damage from heat-styling, stress, hormonal changes and a poor diet. Some of these you can change, some you can’t – one thing we can definitely help you out with here at Holland & Barrett is getting all the right nutrients you need for healthy hair growth and maintenance.